Menu

Terms and Conditions

  1. Introduction
    1. Hike Peru is a 100% Peruvian business consisting of a team of three Quechuan brothers who were born and raised in Cusco Peru and who have many decades of experience hiking and guiding travellers between them.
    2. These Terms & Conditions apply to every contract between you as a Traveller and Hike Peru and cannot be varied except as expressly agreed in writing by Hike Peru.
  2. Definitions
    1. We or Us or Our means Hike Peru.
    2. Traveller means you as a natural person who has purchased one or more services from us.
    3. Hike Peru Staff means anyone working for Hike Peru such as tour guides, porters and chefs.
    4. You or Your means the Traveller.
    5. An Activity includes Treks and Hikes and Tours supplied by Hike Peru which can be purchased by you as a Traveller.
    6. Service means the booking and payment services supplied by Hike Peru.
    7. The base price of an Activity is the price of the activity excluding any Extra Service. Base prices are in American (US) dollars. Our Hike Peru website may automatically convert and display the US dollar price into the Traveller’s local currency.
    8. Extra Service means a service that is not included in the base price of the activity. Examples of extra services include, but are not limited to, a Machu Picchu mountain Ticket or a Huayna Picchu mountain ticket.
    9. Hike Peru (Aus) means an Australian (Queensland) registered small business ABN 64 582 458 098.
    10. A Booking Change is a change made to an existing booking (e.g. a change to the itinerary’s Activity start date/time or travel route). A Booking Change is distinct from a Booking Cancellation.
    11. A Booking Cancellation is distinct from a Booking Change and is separately dealt with in these Terms and Conditions.
  3. Payments
    1. Payments must be made via the Hike Peru website which uses PayPal as its payment gateway provider.
    2. A 10% deposit must be paid at time of making a booking to secure the booking.
    3. Hike Peru emails a copy of the payment receipt to the Traveller within 24 hours (although it will be sent in near real-time in most instances).
    4. The remaining balance payment must be made 30 days prior to the start of an Activity.
    5. Where the balance payment has not been received:
      1. within 30 days, Hike Peru will send an email reminder to the Traveller; or
      2. within 7 days before the start of the Activity, Hike Peru will cancel the Booking and refund the Traveller 90% of any monies paid.
    6. Prices are for Activities only and do not include things such as flights, visas, insurances, personal expenditures, meals (other than those explicitly included), equipment (other than those explicitly included), entrance fees (other than those explicitly included), travel fees such as train and bus fees (other than those explicitly included). Hike Peru strongly recommends all Travellers to purchase travel insurance including cancellation cover.
    7. Prices are per person.
    8. Payments must be made using our website which uses PayPal. Any PayPal fees are paid for by HikePeru.
    9. Hike Peru may issue Travellers Vouchers which can only be used for Hike Peru Activities and which may have an expiry date. When finalising a booking using a Voucher, the Voucher amount is rendered non-refundable in the event of a cancellation made by the Traveller.
  4. Booking Changes (Changes made by Hike Peru)
    1. Hike Peru reserves the right to make changes to bookings at any time (e.g. prior to the start of an Activity or during the Activity), including but not limited to changes to dates, duration, start location and finish destination. In the event that a booking has been changed by Hike Peru, where the changes were the result of circumstances beyond the control of Hike Peru (e.g. political unrest causing major disturbances like the one in late 2022 early 2023), the Traveller will be notified in writing about the change(s) and the Traveller has the following options:
      1. accept the changes; or
      2. transfer to another Activity of equal or lower value; or
      3. if the change(s) were made 30 or more days before the start of the Activity, receive a 100% refund; or
      4. if the change(s) were made less than 30 days before the start of the Activity, receive a 90% refund (the remainder 10% is deducted to compensate for expenses incurred by Hike Peru such as for organising porters and transport.
      5. Where the changes were not the result of circumstances beyond the control of Hike Peru but were made by Hike Peru for other reasons, the Traveller has the following options:
        1. accept the changes; or
        2. transfer to another Activity of equal or lower value; or
        3. accept a credit for the same Activity to be used at a future date; or
        4. receive a 100% refund of any monies paid to Hike Peru.
  5. Booking Changes (Changes requested by the Traveller)
    1. As a Traveller you have the option to request Hike Peru to make changes to a Booking you have made.
    2. A request to change a Booking must be made in writing by the Traveller and sent to Hike Peru.
    3. Hike Peru will review the change request and will respond in writing as soon as practicable.
    4. Hike Peru reserves the right to:
      1. accept all changes; or
      2. partially accept the changes; or
      3. if the change(s) were made 30 or more days before the start of the Activity, refund the Traveller 100% of the Booking costs; or
      4. if the change(s) were made within 30 days but not within 7 days from the start of the Activity, refund the Traveller 90% of the Booking costs (the remainder 10% is deducted to compensate for expenses incurred by Hike Peru such as for organising porters and transport); or
      5. if the change(s) were requested within 7 days before the start of the Activity, refund the Traveller 50% of the Booking costs; or
        1. accept the changes; or
        2. transfer to another Activity of equal or lower value; or
        3. issue a credit for the same Activity to be used at a future date; or
        4. reject the changes.
  6. Booking Cancellations (Cancelled by Hike Peru)
    1. Hike Peru reserves the right to cancel a Booking at any time before the start of the Activity. Hike Peru will refund the Traveller 100% of any monies paid.
    2. Where Hike Peru cancels a Booking, no compensation will be payable.
  7. Booking Cancellations (Cancelled by Traveller)
    1. A Traveller may cancel a Booking at any stage before the start of the Activity.
    2. Where a Booking is cancelled:
      1. 30 days or more before the start of the Activity, Hike Peru will refund the Traveller 100% of any monies paid; or
      2. within 30 days but not within 7 days from the start of the Activity, Hike Peru will refund the Traveller 90% of any monies paid; or
      3. within 7 days from the start of the Activity, Hike Peru will refund the Traveller 50% of any monies paid.
  8. Expectations During an Activity
    1. It is the responsibility of each Traveller to ensure that the Traveller is fit and healthy and able to walk the entire distance of an Activity as described in the Activity on the Hike Peru website.
    2. Hike Peru reserves the right to refuse any Traveller to participate in an Activity where the Traveller could endanger the health, safety and/or enjoyment of other Travellers or Hike Peru Staff.
    3. Where a Traveller has been refused to participate as described above, Hike Peru will deem the Booking as cancelled immediately and no refund nor compensation will be paid to the Traveller.
  9. Miscellaneous
    1. Our website displays the local weather for each activity (the destination) as accurately as possible. The exact destination location weather details may be slightly different due to the fact that the functionality does not have the option to precisely pick the correct location.

The Hike Peru Team
A.P.V TICA TICA L- F – 14 RUC: 20612124800

Last updated: 21 January 2024